Coronavirus Updates Page
Please check this page for regular updates
WE ARE OPEN!!
We have been working tirelessly to welcome you all back to the cafe, whilst ensuring we keep our staff and customers safe. We have thoroughly researched the new government guidelines and any information published by the Food Standards Agency, to ensure we make our space COVID-19 secure. We are advising our customers to PRE-BOOK tables especially over the weekend, if you are interested in booking a table then please do give us a call on 0121 443 4725. We cannot guarantee there will be table available to book on the day so its always best to call us in advance. Tables outside are allocated on a first come first serve basis however we can take requests. Thank you so much for your support over the last few months and we look forward to seeing you soon 🙂
OPENING TIMES FOR THE CAFE
Monday – Saturday from 10am till 4pm.
Sunday 10am till 3pm
SUNDAY ROASTS ARE BACK!!! Every Sunday from 12pm – 3pm, pre-booking is advisable – 0121 443 4725.
Dine in service as well as take-away and UBER EATS delivery.
Cafe Changes in line with government guidance:
Have a look at the garden pods we have created below and our indoor plant barriers.
- Risk Assessment. We have completed a risk assessment for the whole café and kitchen which has been shown to all of our staff members.
- Capacity. With our social distanced tables we can safely accommodate 40 customers using all of our inside space, 27 in the café garden and 11 in Fletcher’s garden.
- Deep Clean. The café has had a thorough deep clean prior to our re-opening, this includes disinfecting all touch points, tables, chairs, menus, door handles, toilets & surfaces.
- Front Door. Our front door will remain propped open so customers do not need to touch the door handle. We have a one way system in place so please read the signs and adhere to this.
- Social Distancing. Our tables & chairs have been moved to ensure there is enough space between them as per government guidelines. We have added plants & tables as barriers. Please keep 2 metres from other customers and our staff members wherever possible or adhering to the 1m+ regulation.
- Hand sanitizer. We have these positioned in multiple different locations for your use. Please use the sanitizer when you enter & leave the café. We have one outside in the garden and just inside our entrance door, one by the toilets and also one by the back door into Fletcher’s Garden.
- Daily Cleaning. As soon as a customer leaves, we are disinfecting their table, the table number in case it has been touched and also the tops of the chairs. We have identified this area as being a key touch point used by customers. This may therefore mean a small wait before we can offer you a table, we appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.
- Toilets. Our toilets are being thoroughly cleaned each day and we are disinfecting them throughout the day however we cannot always guarantee the touch points will be cleaned after every single use so please use the hand sanitizer just outside the toilet. If both the cafe toilets are occupied please use Fletcher’s toilet situated in their garden, see signage pointing to these toilet. You must queue outside in Fletcher’s Garden for both sets of toilets. No queuing allowed inside.
- Staff. All staff working have undergone training on all our new changes. They have been told to not come into work if they have any of the Corona Virus Symptoms and to then self-isolate for 7 days, if a member of their household has symptoms they must self-isolate for 14 days.
- Payments. We ask you to use card when paying wherever possible however we will accept cash. Staff will be thoroughly washing their hands after every cash transaction and we urge our customers to use the hand sanitizer provided after handling any change given.
- Children. As we cannot guarantee that every toy and touch point will be disinfected after every use, we have removed the play area temporarily. However we have kept back a few toys which are being cleaned after every use. Please ask a member of staff for these and return them after use. Please ensure your children do not run around in the café and they remain at your table supervised at all times.
- Condiments. We have removed all the salt, pepper & sauces from the tables. We will be serving these in individual ramekins for one use per customer.
- Menus. We are providing single use menus for each customer which will be disposed of after each use. We also have our updated menu on our website – www.kitchengardencafe.co.uk.
- Customer Contact Cards. When we are taking your orders you will be given a contact card to fill out. We require your name, contact number and the date which you visited the café. These will be kept confidentially for 21 days and then destroyed.
- Ordering. We are only offering table service, this is so our customers do not need to stand in a queue. Our staff members will stand 2 metres from your table when you are ordering. We will leave your food & drinks on the edge of your table or if you prefer on one of our collection points closest to your table.
Please read and acknowledge the signs we have put in place as they are there for both your safety and our staff members. Thank you
The Garden Shop is OPEN, we are allowing customers to browse the plants on offer whilst maintaining social distancing. Please use our signage as guidance when visiting. The shop is open from 10am – 4pm on Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
We can still offer you our full Garden range to help keep you busy in the garden, whether it is growing your own food or keeping up with all those gardening tasks. We are also online offering you regular help, advice and top tips for the garden – see our newsletter and blog. If you would like to order please can you text (07969) 212855 with details of plants you are looking for and I can see what is available. If you message on WhatsApp I can also send you any pictures of plants looking good.
We can then arrange a designated time for collection at Kitchen Garden observing social distance or we can offer a local delivery service. You will receive a text in advance stating total amount.
Check out the latest in What’s in store at the Kitchen Garden Shop.pdf to see the latest products and prices.
New arrivals this week (02/05/2020). Check out the latest in Kitchen Garden Stock List 2 for the latest products and prices.
For Fertilisers and Feeds, Click Here.
Thank you so much for your on-going support. We are thinking of all the other businesses affected at this uncertain time and if there is anything we can do to help the community please let us know.
LAST UPDATED: 21st Sept 2020